Welcome back to The Steph Sanzaro Podcast, today I am joined by the wonderful Elly Mclean of Nutritionelly.
Elly joins us again this week for another episode, to delve deeper into PCOS diagnosis and sheds some light on how women can learn to better understand their condition.
There is a lot of confusion out there surrounding PCOS and a diagnosis can leave women feeling confused and alone, that’s why Elly and I believe that this conversation is such an important one to have and one we hope will help many women out there.
We head into more detail about the types and drivers of PCOS and how finding out which category you sit in, can ultimately help decide your treatment moving forward.
In this episode Elly and I discuss:
- what is the criteria for PCOS?
- understanding the 4 types of PCOS
- insulin resistant PCOS
- post pill PCOS
- inflammatory PCOS
- adrenal PCOS
- getting the right testing
- why you should think twice before jumping back on the contraceptive pill
- why you should treat your period like your monthly report card
- what to do if you are in the “post pill PCOS” category
- do you have PCOS or Hypothalamic Amenorrhea?
- what questions to ask your doctor
We hope this episode helps bring some awareness to PCOS and has given you some direction moving forward in helping you to better manage your PCOS diagnosis.
It has been an absolute pleasure,