Welcome to the Steph Sanzaro Podcast.
This week we are joined by the incredible Tessa Lloyd, a Mental Health Occupational Therapist, Art Therapist, founder of The Art of Insight and Our Mindful Youth.
Episode 25 is a very fluid and beautiful episode, carried by the enchanting voice of Tessa. Her episode highlights the importance of self awareness in helping us to recognise and understand ourselves and our emotions, thoughts and feelings.
Understanding ourself, can help to enrich our lives and relationships. It’s understanding why we say and do the things we do. In this episode we touch on how significant this is and how important it is to acknowledge and validate our feelings as a pathway to enhancing our lives.
This episode will take us through:
- self care rituals during this uncertain season
- Tessa’s self awareness and growth journey
- developing an autoimmune disease and the unconscious ways it shaped the women she grew into
- how our greatest pain can make us more empathetic and understanding
- repeating the same patterns in relationships and it’s toxic cycle
- the beautiful act of rebellion against societal norms to stop, sit and appreciate how far we’ve actually come on our journey
- what is ‘holding space’ and why is it so important for ourselves and others around us?
- the scientific and spiritual importance of the ‘Breath’ in helping to ground us in moments of anxiety or ‘monkey brain’
- the beauty of Art Therapy as a healing mechanism
- uncovering your true creative self
- fear and shame, containing the expression of our highest self
- believing we are unworthy of self care and self love and where to start with overcoming this feeling
What a wonderful episode! I loved talking to Tessa about her work and her passion for helping others with mental health, you can truly see that she is doing her ‘soul work’.
We are all at different stages of our self healing journey. Maybe you have just begun or perhaps you are months or years into yours. But no matter where we are, it’s important to sit and appreciate the awareness it takes to try and understand yourself and better yourself.
Where ever you are on your journey, it can be very helpful to have mentors, therapists and others to help and lean on. If Tessa is someone you would like to connect with and work with I will leave her details for you below.
Work with Tessa and connect via LinkedIn
Find Tessa and her graphics we discussed on Instagram
Connect into the Mind Rising program
Thank you so much for joining us today and sharing your time as we have this mindful conversation!
Stay safe and well my friends,