Welcome back to The Steph Sanzaro Podcast!
In today’s episode I am joined by the wonderful Matt Runnalls.
Matt is a world wide mental health advocate and motivational speaker making strides in the mental sector of Australia and the bright mind behind Mindfull Aus, his charity that is paving the way in mental health promotion.
This episode will have you laughing and crying along with Matt as he tells the journey of his life; to where he is today as a leader in his field.
This episode comes along with a *suicide* trigger warning, so please exercise with dear caution friends.
In this episode Matt and I discuss:
- The pain of losing countless friends and role models to suicide
- What you can do with a limiting belief that you’re a burden on the world
- The importance of holding space and resisting the recoil in the presence of mental illness
- Going from living homeless on the streets, to the founder of a charity
- How a single act of kindness can save lives
- Finding the lessons in our mistakes
- Educating your support network on how to support you through mental illness
- The things we can achieve when being strong is our only option
- Rewriting the dialogue of a mental illness diagnosis > a switch in perspective
- Changing the negative connotations in mental health
- Creating a curriculum for schools, that teaches emotional awareness to the youth of Australia
- Founding Mindfull Aus and paving the way in mental health promotion
- Don’t bathe in your crap, turn it into greatness
- The Corona Virus Prison mindset
- What Matt is doing for self care in this current climate
What an incredible episode. Listening back to this a few times, I honestly couldn’t believe the amount of wonderful information that is packed into this episode, to perhaps help us work towards mastering our mental health.
Working on our mental health is an ongoing journey. It is something we need to work towards every single day. The more work we put into it and into ourselves, the better equip we become at managing our own mental health. And this is what Matt continues to do every single day.
Matt provides yet again another beautiful example of the value of never giving up. Even when you feel like things may never get better, or that there is no reason to go on; Matt is an example that there will always be brighter days ahead.
From living with bipolar disorder, being homeless, losing 8 mates to suicide and to now being the founder of Mindfull Aus and also a world wide mental health advocate… he proves the value in finding the strength to go on.
There are so many amazing take aways from Matt’s episode and I would like to thank you all for sharing your time with us today. If you would like to share this message further, take a screen grab and share this to your story to help Matt spread his message to as many ears as possible.
Matt offers a new program Best Me, aimed towards supporting the mental health of men. If you would like to be a part of it you can follow the link here
To take action and donate to Mindfull Aus, please click here
Thank you again for joining us today and for sharing your time. You cannot simply grasp how much it means to me.
Happy listening friends