I’ve been spamming my instagram with my many Tofu Scrambles for YEARS now!
And as many times as I’ve made it… I’ve never actually written up a mass recipe for it.
So here it is, a recipe that serves 4 people or as I like to call it ‘meal prep scram’ or ‘scram for the fam’.
This recipe can be served on toast if you please or on it’s own with some avocado and sauerkraut on the side like I do! 🙂
TOFU SCRAM FOR THE FAM
What you will need:
A big fry pan, big bowl, wooden spoon, measuring cups and spoons, knives.
TOFU MIX: (Prepare First)
450g of NON GMO Firm Tofu, washed and crumbled
1/2 cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
4 tsp Turmeric Powder
4 tsp Nutritional Yeast (Savoury Yeast Flakes)
4 tsp Dijon Mustard
4 tsp Minced Garlic
1 tsp Pink Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
Depending on the week I may also add 4 tsp of Curry Powder as well for a bit of a change!
ADDED VEGE: (Final Step)
1 small Red Onion thinly sliced
2 cups of Button Mushrooms Sliced (8 mushrooms)
2 cups of Roughly Chopped Kale
1 cup of Chopped Spinach
1/4 – 1/2 cup of Sun-dried Tomatoes Chopped
2 tsp of the Oil that comes from the Sun-dried Tomato container
- Begin by removing the Tofu from the packet and gently wash it under some water. Then using your fingers, crumble the Tofu into smaller little pieces into the large bowl.
- Then add the Turmeric, Mustard, Garlic, Nutritional Yeast, Almond milk, Salt and Pepper and mix until the Tofu is completely covered and turns bright yellow. Set aside to marinate.
- Slice the mushrooms and Onion, then roughly chop the Kale and the Spinach. Chop the Sun-dried Tomatoes into smaller pieces.
- Then in a pan heat the 2 tsp Sun-dried Tomato oil over a medium heat. Add the Onion, Mushrooms and Kale and sauté for 3 minutes or until the Onion has softened.
- Turn the heat down a little and add the Tofu mix to the pan. Stir to completely coat the vegetables in the mix. Turn the heat back up to medium and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the Sun-dried Tomatoes and the Spinach, stir and then cook for a further 1 minute or until satisfied with the consistency of the scramble. Longer cooking = firmer texture, shorter cooking time = wetter mix.
- Season with more Salt and Pepper.
- Serve with your favourite breakfast sides.
Serves 4 with toast, or serves 3 without.
I served mine with Hummus, Sauerkraut and avocado!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Happy cooking lovely’s