It’s summer here in Australia and the warmer weather always inspires me to start my day with fruit!
We have wonderful mangos and raspberries in season right now and I can’t help but reach for them every time I go shopping!
This recipe is a quick and easy meal to throw together either the night before or quickly in the morning!
It is high in healthy fats, which I simply love as they keep you fuller for longer and help to regulate your blood sugar levels.
Which coconut yoghurt do I use?
You can buy coconut yoghurt in almost every supermarket now, but the one I have fallen in love with is from the brand Nakula and you can find it at Woolworths supermarkets and some Coles supermarkets.
I hope you enjoy this colourful and delicious recipe 🙂
Fruit and Yogurt Breaky Bowl
What you will need:
Chopping board, knife, bowl, spoon.
2 heaped tbsp of Nakula Coconut Yoghurt
1 small Mango cubed
5 Strawberries quartered
1 tbsp Raw Almonds
1 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
1 tsp Chia seeds
- Begin by chopping up the strawberries and the mango. To cut the mango, place the mango vertically on the chopping board and slice 0.5mm away from the centre line of the mango to avoid the pit, slicing the whole side cheek off. Do this on both sides of the mango. Take one cheek of the mango in your hand and carefully slice ‘check’ marks into the cheek, being careful not to slice the skin. You should end up with 6 or 8 pieces. then you carefully fold the mango cheek inside out to expose the mango. You will then use the knife to cut each individual mango cube off the cheek. Repeat for the other side of the mango.
- Place the coconut yoghurt in the centre of a bowl.
- Begin to place the mango and strawberries into the bowl and spread it out randomly.
- Then add the blueberries and the raspberries.
- Roughly chop the almonds and then sprinkle them, the pumpkin seeds and the chia seeds on top.
To eat, I simply mix up the whole bowl to coat the fruit in the coconut yoghurt and the chia seeds!
For extra sweetness, a drizzle of honey or rice malt syrup is perfect!
Happy cooking lovely’s