Hey guys welcome back to the Plant Based Body Podcast!
My name is Steph Sanzaro and I am your host. I am a health and wellness advocate with a passion for talking about the things that really matter.
In today’s episode I am joined by Kayla Jade from the The PCOS Bible, an online platform Kayla created to raise awareness about Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, a place for women to come and collect information and to help manage their own PCOS symptoms.
PCOS effects 1 in 10 women, yet there is little to no awareness about this chronic disease in Australia. There are many women out there suffering with PCOS whom have no idea that they can holistically reverse and manage their hormones.
Many women, including myself suffer from PCOS. It can be an overwhelming diagnosis with lots of confusing information and not a lot of support from your GP or practitioner.
Many women are placed on the hormonal birth control pill to manage their symptoms, but once they come off the pill their symptoms return, and they are back where they started.
Kayla decided that this was not going to work for her. After he diagnosis she decided to take a holistic route and started working towards managing her hormones through natural means.
In this episode Kayla and I discuss:
- Her past, to where she is today helping women all over the world
- Managing burn out and gaining courage to leave a job that doesn’t serve you
- Being diagnosed with PCOS and the emotional effect of it all
- The overwhelm and confusion surrounding where to start with your PCOS
- Managing your PCOS through diet change
- The effect of stress on our bodies and hormones
- Is your exercise exacerbating your hormonal imbalance?
- Choosing to avoid gluten due to inflammation
- Plant based eating and PCOS
- Understanding sustainable long-term changes, over ‘quick fixes’
- What is insulin resistance and why should we be aware of it?
- What the heck is PCOS and why doesn’t anyone know about it?
- Creating a community for women with PCOS
- The truth about the pill
- Escaping the Binge and restrict minsdset
And plenty more!
The work Kayla is doing is truly remarkable and I am so grateful to have had her share her story with us today.
If you have any questions or would like to contact Kayla yourself, you can find her here:
I look forwad to seeing you in my next episode.