I decided that I should probably do a few recipes where I don’t include 14 million ingredients and 10 method steps…
KEEP IT SIMPLE STEPH!
For these recipes you simply make one of my veggie recipes and pair it with a protein and some carbs and fats!
This recipe is so so good and made me seriously fall in love with eggplant.
After years of claiming that I hated eggplant… I realised that I just simply hadn’t cooked it long enough the first time around! WHOOPS
Oh so many years of avoiding eggplant… oh well you live and you learn!
This is the perfect side edition to any nourish bowl or asian type bowl, or just to have with some tofu and brown rice.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe and I look forward to seeing your version! You can send me your creations to plantbasedbody__
What you will need:
Oven tray, knives, measuring utensils, chopping board, large bowl, kettle.
1 Large Eggplant cubed
1 Tbs of Olive Oil
1 Tsp Sesame Oil
2 Tbs White Miso Paste
2 Tbs of Boiling Water
- Preheat the oven to 200º C.
- Take the eggplant and slice it in half and then into quarters length ways. You want to achieve cubes. Slice the quarters into cm strips and then dice the eggplant into cubes. Place into a large bowl.
- Boil the kettle.
- In a measuring jug add the miso, sesame oil and the boiling water. Stir well.
- Add the olive oil to the eggplant and mix well. Add the miso dressing and cover and toss well.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and evenly spread the eggplant on the tray.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, toss the eggplant.
- Place back in the oven for a further 10 minutes or until soft and gooey.
- Remove from oven and season with a little bit of pink salt.