You know when you find a product and all of a sudden you just can’t get enough of it?
And you become obsessed and you just have to have it all the time?!
Well that is what happened when I discovered Edamame Noodles!!
Think….. SOBA NOODLES but gluten free AND packed with protein and fibre!
I AM OBSESSED!
At first I had no clue what I was going to do with them, so I decided that I would treat them exactly like I treat Soba Noodles… and make a cold noodle salad!
This is an asian inspired, very easy recipe that you can throw together in 15 minutes!
It is GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE, VEGAN, PCOS FRIENDLY!
If you make this recipe, feel free to send me a photo on my Instagram as I love seeing your creations!!! 🙂
COLD EDAMAME NOODLE SALAD
These noodles are new on the market but can be found in both Coles and Woolworths supermarkets! They do not take long to cook, so follow the instructions on the pack carefully.
What you will need:
Big mixing bowl, knives, pots, measuring utensils.
1 packet of Edamame Noodles
1 Continental Cucumber, halved, thinly sliced
3 small Carrots grated
450g packet of Organic Firm Tofu
1/2 Red Onion thinly sliced
2 cups of Spinach chopped
1 tbs of Coconut Oil
1 tbs Tamari
1 tsp of Sriracha
1/2 cup of Salted Peanuts
1 tbs Black Sesame Seeds (optional)
5 tbs of Tamari
2 tsp of Sesame Oil
1 tbs of Water
1 tsp of Sriracha
- Slice the cucumber, chop the spinach, grate the carrots and thinly slice the red onion and add to a large bowl.
- To prepare the tofu, first wash it and place on a chopping board.
- Cut the tofu into 8ths length ways and then thinly slice it.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan on the stove. Add the tofu to the pan, spreading the tofu so that each surface is touching the pan evenly.
- Move tofu carefully and cook on 1 side until golden, then flip the pieces over and cook until golden on the other side.
- Add the Tbs of Tamari and the Tsp of sriracha to the pan and turn off the heat. Toss (stir) the tofu in the flavours and set aside.
- Next, create the dressing by adding all of the dressing ingredients to a measuring jug. Stir.
- Cook the Edamame noodles as per packet instructions and then rinse immediately through cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
- Add the noodles and the dressing to the large bowl and stir through to create the salad.
- Add in the peanuts and season with pink salt.
- Add 1 tbs of black sesame seeds to increase healthy fat content.
- Divide the salad into 5 serves.
This is a great recipe to make at the start of the week and to store in the fridge for meal prep. The dressing soaks into the noodles and creates a nice flavour.
I hope you enjoy this protein packed recipe! If you do, take a picture and send it through to my instagram 🙂