One of the foods I used to love to snack on were cookies! More specifically ANZAC cookies! But be it as it may… most cookies and biscuits contain gluten and a lot of refined sugar!
But what about a HEALTHY alternative???
An alternative that is TASTY andddddd good for you????
With no refined sugars or gluten?????
Well I have the answer!!!
My Quinoa Flake Banana Cookies!
These cookies are a yummy little snack to have during the week that contain a serious punch of protein!
The handy thing about quinoa flakes is that they are a complete source of protein, meaning it contains all essential amino acids! In this recipe I use protein powder and almond butter as well, so you’ve got the triple threat of protein!
You’ve got your chia seeds for a healthy source of Omega 3 fats and Banana for some healthy vitamins and minerals. Cinnamon is also great for managing your blood sugar levels.
Best part being… they are GLUTEN FREE and still soft and tasty!!!
If you enjoy this recipe, please share it on your instagram and tag me at plantbasedbody__ 🙂
QUINOA FLAKE BANANA COOKIES
You can get quinoa flakes from any health food store or from Woolworths health food section or baking section.
What you will need:
Mixing bowl, wooden spoon, fork, measuring utensils, scales.
1 over-ripe small Banana
20ml Coconut Oil
50g Quinoa Flakes
1.5 tsp of Cinnamon
2 tsp of Chia Seeds
5 drops of Stevia
35g of Almond Butter
1/4 tsp of Baking Powder
15g of Vanilla Vegan Protein Powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mash the banana in a big mixing bowl using a fork.
- Add in the coconut oil and mash.
- Next add all of the dry ingredients. Stir well with fork or wooden spoon.
- Add in the almond butter and the stevia and stir until the mix is all combined and forms cookie dough.
- Once the mixture is all combined divide the mixture into 6 equal parts.
- Roll the parts into small balls with your hands and squish into cookie like patties.
- Place them 5 cm apart on the baking tray and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and eat warm or once cooled store in an airtight container.
Serves: 6 small cookies
I hope you enjoy this really easy recipe that you can add to your weekly prep day! These are so good and practically guilt free!!
Happy cooking lovely’s,