I never thought I would get addicted to this, but I totally have!
I have been making this meal every single week as meal prep. It serves 6 small serves or 4 larger serves which is plenty to get you through lunches for the week 🙂
My greatest TIP is to not cook the zucchini noodles!!! I repeat DO NOT COOK ZUCCHINI!
When you go to grab a serve from the fridge, place it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes and that will cook it perfectly for you!
To add in some healthy fats to this recipe I made a quick ‘parmesan’ which gives you your fats for this meal!
What you will need:
A fry pan, wooden spoon, zucchini spiraler, chopping essentials.
1 tin of Organic Brown Lentils
1 tin of Organic Diced Tomatoes
1 Brown Onion finely diced
1 tsp of Garlic minced
4 tbs of Tomato Paste
2 Tomatoes diced
2 Carrots grated
1 cup of Mushrooms
2 cups of Spinach roughly chopped
1 tsp of dried Basil
1 tsp of dried Oregano
1 tsp of dried Thyme
3 large Zucchinis (1kg)
- Heat 1 tsp of the olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Add in the garlic and the onion and sauté until soft.
- Add in the grated carrot and mushrooms, stirring well. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add in the tin of lentils, tomato paste, tin of tomatoes and the fresh tomatoes. Stir.
- Next add all of the dried herbs and stir and cover.
- Let the bolognese simmer on a low heat so it begins to reduce and it begins to thicken. Stir frequently.
- Whilst the bolognese is cooking, spiralise the zucchinis into ‘pasta’.
- After 15-20 minutes the bolognese will be reduced. Add in the chopped spinach and stir.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
Serves 6 smaller meals
Macadamia Hemp ‘Parmesan’
3 tbs of Hemp seeds
3 tbs of Nutritional Yeast
4 Macadamias grated
- Grate the macadamias on the smallest grating setting, to look like parmesan.
- Add the hemp seeds and nutritional yeast together in a bowl and then add the macadamias, stir.
- Serve on top of lentil bolognese.
The nutritional yeast is what gives it that ‘cheesey’ flavour 🙂
Happy cooking lovely’s