This is my famous and all time favourite tofu scramble recipe! I love love love this recipe and honestly there was a good few months there where I would have this every single day and I never got sick of it!
If you are new to a plant based lifestyle and are familiar with original scrambled eggs, then this is a good substitute to make your transition a little easier. The black pepper and dijon mustard are key ingredients here!
I normally prepare the bowl of scramble mix first and then I begin chopping my vegetables and preparing the rest of the meal, as to marinate the tofu.
STEPH’S TOFU SCRAMBLE
What you will need:
A bowl, chopping board, fry pan and measuring utensils.
115g of firm organic tofu, crumbled with your fingers
1 tsp of curry powder
1 tsp of garlic minced
1 tsp of djion mustard
1 tsp of turmeric powder
1 tbsp water
1 tsp coconut Oil
dash of unsweetened almond milk
Himalayan pink salt
fair amount of black pepper
optional sprinkle of nutritional yeast
Assorted vegetables of your choice
- Crumble the Tofu into small pieces with your fingers into a small bowl.
- Next add in the mustard, turmeric, garlic, curry powder and almond milk and stir well.
- Add a good crack of black pepper and pink salt to taste.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan on medium heat. Add in the vegetables and sauté until cooked (I use mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, spinach, kale and red onion).
- Once the veggies are cooked add in the tofu scramble mix.
- Turn the heat down and gently mix the scramble in, until everything is coated well.
- Add in 1 tbsp of water, stir and cover.
- Cook for a 8 minutes stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and serve.
I serve mine with sauerkraut and fresh avocado!
Happy cooking lovelys,